Volunteer Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendants help ensure guest, volunteer and staff safety and security by assisting Holden police and other staff with parking of vehicles and related guest relations during major special events.
This position is open to all individuals and groups, ages 16 and up, who enjoy being outside and helping people. Young adults interested in the safety/security or law enforcement profession may also use this opportunity to gain hands-on experience, earn service hours and/or receive career mentoring from Holden police officers.
- Welcome and flag guest vehicles to designated parking spaces upon arrival
- Flag guest vehicles to exit routes at the end of the event
- Answer questions about The Holden Arboretum in an accurate and unbiased manner
- Monitor and provide a presence in parking areas
- Report maintenance and other safety issues/problems to the duty officer as they pertain to parking areas
- Communicate via two-way radio with other parking lot staff, tram drivers, guest relations staff and Holden Police.
- Be 16 years of age or older.
- Be physically fit; must be able to work in various weather conditions and stand for long periods of time
- Enjoy working and talking with people
- Have a general knowledge of or willingness to learn Holden’s mission, gardens, collections, trails and events
- Be able to exercise good judgment and maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations
- Complete Holden volunteer requirements including application, interview and new volunteer orientation (If a group, one representative from the group should complete)
At least one major event a year; most events are held on weekends and typical assignments last 4 to 6 hours.
- Holden volunteer program benefits, based on hours served, including a complimentary uniform, invitations to special events including the Annual Volunteer Recognition Program and Clambake, free classes and workshops, 10 percent discount to the Treehouse gift shop, etc.
- Traffic vest and basic gear to execute the position.
- Networking opportunities
- If applicable, ability to earn service hours
- If applicable, for those pursuing law enforcement education, the ability for Holden officers to mentor and to discuss the profession: expectations, study tips and other trials/roadblocks that they may encounter, in a non-judgmental atmosphere
To sign up or for more information contact Dave Frank, chief of police, at 440.602.3846 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.