Volunteers at the Holden Arboretum are a precious resource, making our programs and services possible. Volunteers bring their energy, knowledge and style to the Arboretum and make each guest’s visit fresh and unique.
Due to COVID-19, we have limited volunteer opportunities available. All volunteers must be willing to follow our COVID-19 safety guidelines, which include:
- Only volunteering if healthy
- Frequent hand washing/sanitizing
- Wearing a mask whenever you are within 10 feet of another person and anytime indoors
- Keeping a physical distance of at least 6 feet from others
- Completing an online symptom screening form before each volunteer shift
We are accepting volunteer applications for the following position:
Gardening Assistant: Work with our horticulture staff to maintain and preserve the accessioned plants and horticultural displays throughout the gardens. Tasks include weeding, deadheading, raking, applying mulch or compost, planting and pruning. Shifts are weekly, 9-11am on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays, April – October.
Interested in volunteering? Complete our online volunteer application.