Holden Forests & Gardens will begin to welcome members to the Holden Arboretum on Tuesday, May 12, 2020. The general public will be welcomed back within approximately two weeks after this date as we continue to slowly and carefully reopen the grounds to the Northeast Ohio community.
The Cleveland Botanical Garden will remain closed until further notice.
Our decision to reopen the arboretum to members is being guided by direction provided by Governor Mike DeWine and Dr. Amy Acton to safely begin to reopen Ohio. As we welcome back our members to the grounds, we will continue to adhere to the public health guidelines provided by federal, state, and local authorities.
We need all members and visitors to help us to remain open. Please follow the guidelines below so that we can continue to provide access to the grounds for exercise, relaxation, and enjoyment of nature.
We will remain open as long as we can confidently ensure the health and safety of all guests and staff. Please check back regularly as visitation guidelines may change based on our experiences once open to members and the public.
Ohio Public Health Guidelines
The following public health measures outlined by the State of Ohio Department of Public Health are in place for the foreseeable future for the safety and comfort of our members and staff.
- If you’d like to visit with others, please limit your guests to people you live with. The maximum group size when visiting the grounds is 10 people.
- Visitors are encouraged to wear a mask or facial covering when visiting the grounds.
- Please comply with the state mandated six-foot physical distancing rule.
We are so happy to be open and to welcome you to the arboretum during one of the most beautiful times of the year. With your help and careful adherence to these public health guidelines, we can remain open. We are learning right along with you about how to best operate in this new world. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding
Required Advance Reservation Process for Members and General Admission
New timed-entry reservations are required to visit the Arboretum grounds. All members must make a reservation in advance on our website holdenarb.org/visit. Reservations are free-of-charge to members.
The reservation process/link will be available beginning on Tuesday, May 5 at holdenarb.org/visit. Reservations can be made up to one week in advance.
Members can visit the grounds Tuesday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The last reservation/entry will be 4 p.m. The Arboretum closes at 5 p.m.
Use of the entry gate keypad is suspended until further notice. Members will provide their reservation [number/printout/last name] to the gatehouse attendant for entry. A print copy of your reservation is not required but is recommended for entry.
Planning Your Visit
- Members must enter through the Main Entrance and park in the Main Parking lot only.
- Please do not approach HF&G staff when you are on the grounds. If you have a question or need help, please call (440) 946-4400 Ext. 224 and someone will assist you.
- Please bring water and snacks. Food and beverages are not available for purchase on site.
- All buildings will remain closed including the Visitor Center. Restrooms are not available.
- The Murch Canopy Walk & Kalberer Emergent Tower will remain closed until further notice.
- As always dogs must always be on leash, bring your own bags for pet waste, and remember water for your animal…no water will be available onsite.
Most of all, enjoy your time at the arboretum. We’re thrilled to have you back. We missed you!