Join our distinguished Albert Fairchild Society, which honors donors who have provided for the future of The Holden Arboretum through their estate plans. When you include Holden in your estate plans, you are part of the Albert Fairchild Holden Society, entitling you to invitations to special programs and to be listed with other legacy donors in Holden’s publications with your permissions. Unless otherwise designated, planned gifts are placed in the endowment fund.
Holden’s Planned Giving Program
Wills and Bequests
- A bequest is a gift made by a provision in your will. Bequests can take the form of cash, securities, personal property or real estate. Regardless of the size of your estate, a bequest of Holden is not subjected to federal or state estate taxes.
Charitable Gift Annuity
- A charitable gift annuity is a simple contract between you and The Holden Arboretum. In exchange for your gift cash, securities, or other property, Holden agrees to pay you a fixed rate annuity for your lifetime and/or the lifetime of another person.
Additional Ways to Make a Planned Gift
- Charitable remainder trust
- Charitable lead trusts
- Gifts of appreciated securities.
- Life insurance and tax-deferred retirement plans
- Gifts of real estate and conservation easements
For additional information on planned gifts, please contact Deborah Miller at 216.707.2807 or firstname.lastname@example.org.