Tips for staying safe while visiting Holden
- Stay on the trails. Do not wander off into unfamiliar areas.
- Wear sturdy hiking shoes.
- Travel with a friend and carry water for staying hydrated.
- Be alert for inclement weather, extreme heat, bees and poison ivy.
- Observe signs and speed limits and watch for pedestrians in the parking lots.
- As in any public facility, we recommend that you lock your car and not leave valuables in plain sight.
- Ticks live in woody and grassy areas. After your walk, be sure to check your clothing and body for ticks that may have climbed onto you.
Guidelines and rules while visiting
- All dogs must be kept on leash.
- “Mutt Mitts” are available at locations on the property. Please pick up after your dog.
- Please do not feed the wildlife.
- Balls, Frisbees, and kites are not allowed on the property.
- Enjoy a picnic in our picnic area but please do not bring your own alcohol.
- Only service dogs are allowed in the buildings.
- Members are welcome to fish in Corning Lake, Hourglass Pond, Foster’s Pond and Fisherman’s Pond.
- For the health of the ponds, fishing is catch and release.
- Absolutely no littering.
- Lawful concealed carry of a weapon is allowed on the property with a valid concealed carry permit but may not be brought into any buildings.
Ohio Department of Natural Resources – Home Page
Ohio Division of Natural Resources – Dealing with Nuisance Wildlife