Holden Forests & Gardens (HF&G) will welcome members and the general public to the outdoor gardens at The Cleveland Botanical Garden this Wednesday, June 10, 2020.
“The outdoor gardens are absolutely beautiful this time of year,” said Jill Koski, president and CEO of Holden Forests and Gardens. “Visiting the botanical garden is a beloved summer experience for individuals and families, and we are thrilled to welcome you once again.”
Our decision to reopen is being guided by Governor Mike DeWine and Dr. Amy Acton for Responsible Restart Ohio. As we welcome back visitors to the Botanical Garden, we will continue to adhere to the public health guidelines provided by federal, state, and local authorities.
We need all members and visitors to help us remain open. Please follow all public health guidelines so that we can continue to provide safe access to the grounds for exercise, relaxation, and enjoyment of nature.
We will remain open as long as we can confidently ensure the health and safety of all guests and staff. Please check cbgarden.org regularly as visitation guidelines may change based on our experiences once open to members and the public.
Ohio Public Health Guidelines
The following public health measures outlined by the State of Ohio Department of Public Health are in place for the foreseeable future for the safety and comfort of our members and staff at the Arboretum and Botanical Garden campuses.
- If you’d like to visit with others, please limit your guests to people you live with. The maximum group size when visiting the grounds is 10 people.
- Visitors must wear a face covering when in close proximity to others and when inside buildings and restrooms.
- Please comply with the state mandated six-foot physical distancing rule.
We are so happy to be open and to welcome the public back during one of the most beautiful times of the year. With your help and careful adherence to these public health guidelines, we can remain open. We are learning right along with you about how to best operate in this new world. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
Required Advance Ticket Purchase for the Public
New advance purchase timed-tickets are required to visit the Botanical Garden. Tickets are on sale now and must be purchased in advance online at cbgarden.org. Adults are $15 and children three to 12 years old are $10. Tickets will not be sold on site.
The general public can visit the grounds Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. And Sunday noon to 5 p.m. The last reservation/entry will be between 3:30 and 4:00p.m. The Garden closes at 5 p.m.
Required Advance Reservation Process for Members
New timed-entry reservations are required to visit the grounds. All members must make a reservation in advance at cbgarden.org/visit. Reservations are free-of-charge for members. Reservations can be made up to one week in advance.
Members can visit the grounds Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. And Sunday noon to 5 p.m. The last reservation/entry will be between 3:30 and 4:00 p.m. The Garden closes at 5 p.m.
Members will provide their reservation [number/printout/last name] to the ticketing for entry. A print copy of your reservation is not required but is recommended for entry.
Planning Your Visit – The Cleveland Botanical Garden
- PLEASE NOTE: Have a face covering with you at all times; it must be worn in buildings, restrooms and outside in the garden where social distancing is difficult to maintain. Please keep a six (6) foot distance between yourself and others, and do not visit the Gardens if you are ill or exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Guests arriving at street level must enter through the doors to the left of the Main Entrance. Guests arriving through the parking garage should enter the garage lobby and take stairs or the elevator to the main level to access ticketing and the outdoor gardens.
- Admission to the botanical garden will allow for outdoor garden access only.
- The parking garage will be open and the restrooms in the Main Lobby will be the only restrooms available to guests.
- The Glasshouses and the Hershey Children’s Garden are currently closed, but we are working to reopen them as soon as possible.
- Please do not approach HF&G staff when you are on the grounds. If you have a question or need help, please call 216.721.1600 and someone will assist you.
- Please bring water and snacks. Food and beverages are not available for purchase on site. The Café will be closed.
The Holden Arboretum is also open to members and the public. For more information about visiting the Arboretum, please visit holdenarb.org.