Pick up a brochure and follow the Leaf Trail, the
Arboretum’s autumn leaf identification activity. Learn
how to identify the trees around you by collecting leaves
and organizing them by their characteristics.
Look for 28 marked tree tags around the arboretum
Leaf Trail Rules:
• Collect only on the designated trail, from marked trees or groups of trees. If possible, collect from leaves that have already fallen.
• Make only one leaf collection per group/family.
• There are 28 deciduous trees (trees that lose their leaves) marked with numbered tags and flagging tape.
• Use the map in the brochure and the trail markers to guide yourself along the trail.
• This is an easy trail and the approximate walking and collecting time is 1½ hours.