The Holden Arboretum welcomes members and the general public to our beautiful grounds. As we welcome back visitors to the arboretum, we will closely adhere to the public health guidelines provided by federal, state, and local authorities.
UPDATES: The Murch Canopy Walk and Kalberer Emergent Tower are now open to the public. The Canopy and Tower are open from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. with the last entry at 4:45 p.m. and face masks are required for entry. Buckeye Bud’s Adventure is also open.
Required Advance Ticket Purchase for the Public
- New timed ticket entry is required to visit the Arboretum. Tickets will not be sold on site. Tickets are on sale now. Adults are $15 and children three to 12 years old are $10. The Canopy Walk and Emergent Tower are included in the price of admission.
- Arboretum hours are Tuesday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Arboretum closes at 5 p.m. The last entries will be at 4 p.m.
Required Advance Reservation Process for Members
- Members have dawn to dusk access to the Holden Arboretum. Please note the following when utilizing this member benefit.
- Please use the code found on the back of your membership card to access the keypad that will open the gate. Arboretum core access is permitted without a reservation before 8:30 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. Tuesday – Sunday.
- Reservations ARE required during public access hours of 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and members will need to proceed through the main gate. The member gate will be blocked during this time.
- Member access will also resume Tuesday – Sunday at the following locations: Fisherman’s Pond, the Conifer Collection, and Working Woods.
- All areas of the Arboretum will remain closed on Mondays.
- Restrooms are only available during public hours of 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. so be sure to plan ahead before visiting.
- The Murch Canopy Walk & Kalberer Emergent Tower are now open.
We need all members and visitors to help us remain open. Please follow all public health guidelines so that we can continue to provide safe access to the grounds for exercise, relaxation, and enjoyment of nature. Please check our website holdenarb.org regularly as visitation guidelines may change based on our experiences once open to members and the public.
Those who would like to use a guest pass or are eligible for one of the Arboretum’s discounted tickets, please call our Guest Services team at 440.946.4400 to make your reservation.
Discounts are available for the following:
- Active Duty Military and Veterans
- Seniors (60+ on Tuesdays only)
- Museums for All
Check out our step-by-step instructional video on how to make a reservation
Ohio Public Health Guidelines
The following public health measures outlined by the State of Ohio Department of Public Health are in place for the foreseeable future for the safety and comfort of our members and staff at the Arboretum.
- If you’d like to visit with others, please limit your guests to people you live with. The maximum group size when visiting the grounds is 10 people.
- Visitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when visiting the grounds. A face covering is required to use the restrooms.
- Please comply with the state mandated six-foot physical distancing rule.
We are so happy to be open and to welcome the public back during one of the most beautiful times of the year. With your help and careful adherence to these public health guidelines, we can remain open. We are learning right along with you about how to best operate in this new world. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
Planning for Your Visit – The Holden Arboretum
- All visitors must enter through the Main Entrance and park in the Main Parking lot only.
- During your visit, if you have a question or need assistance, please call (440) 946-4400 Ext. 224 and someone will assist you.
- We are currently working to determine when tram and/or guided tours may be available. They are not available now.
- Please bring water and snacks. Food and beverages are not available for purchase on site.
- All buildings will remain closed including the Visitor Center. Restrooms are available.
- Dogs must always be on leash, bring your own bags for pet waste, and remember water for your pet…no water will be available onsite.
Our address is: Warren H. Corning Visitor Center or the Katharine Holden Thayer Center — 9550 Sperry Road, Kirtland, Ohio
Dogs at Holden
Dogs are welcome at The Holden Arboretum. With more than 20 miles of walking and hiking trails through the gardens and natural areas, there are plenty of places to explore with your pet. Please remember to keep your canine companions on a leash while visiting. Working service animals for the disabled are allowed on the Murch Canopy Walk and Kalberer Emergent Tower, however other pets are not permitted.
The Murch Canopy Walk is wheelchair-accessible up to the first platform. The remaining suspension bridges and platforms are wide enough to be accessed by some wheelchairs.
The Holden Arboretum is a smoke and vapor free facility, banning the use of tobacco products and e-cigarettes. Smoking will be permitted in the parking areas and in personal vehicles.