The Holden Arboretum welcomes members and the general public to our beautiful grounds. As we welcome back visitors to the arboretum, we will closely adhere to the public health guidelines provided by federal, state, and local authorities.
Please note the arboretum is open rain or shine, all year round!
Murch Canopy Walk and Kalberer Emergent Tower are open and included in the price of admission. Hours are 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., with last entry at 4:45 p.m. and face masks required for entry. Buckeye Bud’s Adventure is also open.
Required Advance Ticket Purchase for the Public
- Timed-ticket entry is required to visit the Arboretum. Tickets will not be sold on site.
- Adult tickets are $15; children (3-12 years) are $10.
- Arboretum hours are Tuesday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., last entry is at 4 p.m.
- Please take the weather forecast into account when making reservations, as guest services staff are unable to transfer or refund tickets after your timed-entry reservation has passed.
Required Advance Reservation Process for Members
- Members have dawn-to-dusk access to the Holden Arboretum. Please note the following when utilizing this member benefit:
- Arboretum core access is permitted without a reservation before 8:30 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. Tuesday – Sunday. Please use the code found on the back of your membership card to access the keypad that will open the gate.
- Reservations ARE required during public access hours of 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and members will need to proceed through the main gate. The member gate will be blocked during this time.
- All areas of the Arboretum are closed on Mondays.
- Members may access the following locations Tuesday through Sunday: Fisherman’s Pond, the Conifer Collection, and Working Woods.
- Restrooms are only available during public hours of 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. so be sure to plan ahead before visiting.
We need all members and visitors to help us remain open. Please follow all public health guidelines so that we can continue to provide safe access to the grounds for exercise, relaxation, and enjoyment of nature. Please check our website holdenarb.org regularly as visitation guidelines may change based on our experiences once open to members and the public.
Those who would like to use a guest pass or are eligible for one of the Arboretum’s discounted tickets, please call our Guest Services team at 440.946.4400 to make your reservation.
Discounts are available for the following:
- Active Duty Military and Veterans
- Seniors (60+ on Tuesdays only)
- Museums for All (SNAP/EBT)
Check out our step-by-step instructional video on how to make a reservation
Ohio Public Health Guidelines
The following public health measures outlined by the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and State of Ohio Department of Public Health are in place for the foreseeable future for the safety and comfort of our members and staff at the Cleveland Botanical Garden and Holden Arboretum campuses.
- If you’d like to visit with others, please limit your guests to people you live with. The maximum group size when visiting the grounds is 10 people.
- All guests age 2 and older must bring face coverings with them when visiting the grounds. A face covering must be worn at all times when indoors, and outdoors when within six-feet of others.
- Please comply with the state mandated six-foot physical distancing rule.
- Face coverings are required at all times on the Murch Canopy Walk and Kalberer Emergent Tower.
- Face coverings are required at all times in the Glasshouses.
We are so happy to be open and to welcome the public back during one of the most beautiful times of the year. With your help and careful adherence to these public health guidelines, we can remain open. We are learning right along with you about how to best operate in this new world. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
Planning for Your Visit – The Holden Arboretum
- All visitors must enter through the Main Entrance and park in the Main Parking lot only.
- During your visit, if you have a question or need assistance, please call (440) 946-4400 Ext. 224 and someone will assist you.
- We are currently working to determine when tram and/or guided tours may be available. They are not available now.
- Please bring water and snacks. Food and beverages are not available for purchase on site.
- Restrooms are available in Corning Visitor Center and the Paine Rhododendron Discovery Garden. A limited number of portable restrooms are also available on site.
- Dogs must always be on leash, bring your own bags for pet waste, and remember water for your pet…no water will be available onsite.
Our address is: Warren H. Corning Visitor Center or the Katharine Holden Thayer Center — 9550 Sperry Road, Kirtland, Ohio
Dogs at Holden
Dogs are welcome at The Holden Arboretum. With more than 20 miles of walking and hiking trails through the gardens and natural areas, there are plenty of places to explore with your pet. Please remember to keep your canine companions on a leash while visiting. Working service animals for the disabled are allowed on the Murch Canopy Walk and Kalberer Emergent Tower, however other pets are not permitted.
The Murch Canopy Walk is wheelchair-accessible up to the first platform. The remaining suspension bridges and platforms are wide enough to be accessed by some wheelchairs.
The Holden Arboretum is a smoke and vapor free facility, banning the use of tobacco products and e-cigarettes. Smoking will be permitted in the parking areas and in personal vehicles.
All patrons entering the premises voluntarily assume all risks and dangers incidental to admission and/or any event, and waives and releases all claims against the Holden Arboretum, its affiliated companies, partners, joint ventures, representatives, members, designees, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, attorneys, agents, successors, and assigns. Admission is subject to compliance with all laws and facility rules and the patron consents to reasonable examinations and searches to ensure compliance. Failure to comply with the law or facility rules may result in refusal of admission or expulsion.